Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA) is a
disease affecting 1-2% of the general population, while manifesting in up to 30% of people with psoriasis (PsO).
Project vision and impact
iPROLEPSIS is a HorizonEurope-funded project developing a novel personalised digital care ecosystem for people with PsA.
The goal of iPROLEPSIS is to propose a novel ecosystem that involves Real World Data (RWD) collection mechanisms and a powerful decision support system to provide new knowledge for the key actionable factors that affect the health-to-PsA transition, adopting a multiscale/ multifactorial approach, so, with the use of xAI-based models, to offer an efficient, effective, and clinically validated personalised digital care ecosystem for PsA patients.
The core activity domains
• The foundation for the project’s research activities is laid by means of an extensive exploration of the available literature and data and the design of the clinical data collection and validation studies;
• Participatory design supporting the development of a user-oriented ecosystem of solutions will be employed to establish a framework for trustworthy AI-based R&D.
• The design and implementation of the clinical studies that will collect research data, validate the inflammatory symptoms digital biomarkers in individuals at risk of PsA and PSO patients, and evaluate the efficacy of the digital care tools with respect to prevention of inflammation exacerbation.
Research and development
• Research on multimodal data to reveal key PsA inflammation drivers, provide digital biomarkers of PsA inflammatory symptoms, and explore the effect of PsA on the joints and skin microvasculature, as well as the role of mast cells in PsA transition;
• Synthesise the outcomes into a multiscale/multifactorial model of the health-to-PsA transition;
• Deliver the integrated iPROLEPSIS digital health ecosystem comprising tools for personalised preventive PsA care, to empower patients and HCPs.